After your topic and films have been approved by the professor, write a 4-6 page paper exploring how those films depict and influence American culture. Addressing the following:
- Analyze the films influence on American culture both now and when the film was released.
- Address how the films depict American Culture at the time it was released.
- Discuss how the films depict your topic, comparing them with one another.
- Describe what the films say about the world of its time and the world today.
- Do the films affect you personally? How? Why?
The following are some questions that may help you think about your topic and films before you begin writing your paper. You do not need to address these question directly within your paper.
- What is the larger story the films tell?
- How does the film use characters to develop and reinforce your chosen topic?
- How does the director use scenes and the overall story to address your topic.
You can use both primary and secondary sources when writing about these films. However, the important factor is to use your critical thinking skills when addressing the applicability of the film and your chosen research materials.
The paper should be 4-6 pages in length using an 11 or 12 point font, double-spaced. Title page, graphics, pictures, footnotes, bibliography do not count toward the length of the paper.
Use proper citations and bibliography or works cited page.